Four seasons, each with unique reasons why a man or woman should love that one particular season. I think it only appropriate I start this fun series with summer.
Not that it has anything to do with this being my favorite time of the year or anything….
June 21, was not only the longest day of the year, it was also the first day of summer.
Why do I love summer so much? Here are seven reasons I think summer rocks:
- You can be as lazy as you want without any guilt. I think this applies more to those who are in school; our kids or grandkids. As an adult, you can’t be as lazy as you were maybe able to get away during those school years of life. Many of my best childhood memories come from those lazy summer days when school was out. As a mom, when my child was living through those school years, I was able to enjoy those summer breaks with her.
- Hot days outdoors having fun. During those cold days of winter, do you wish for the hot days of summer? Ever wish to be outside because you’ve been locked up inside a warm house to long? I have. Many times. With summer here, you get to be out of the house as much and as often as you like.
- Vacation time. Summer is by far the most favored time of year to vacation as a family. The kids are out of school. In most cases, the weather is perfect for travel, and you have more choices on where to go and what to do.
- Experience nature. During the colder months, many animals follow a natural migration schedule and leave for other parts of the world when it is cold. But come summer, those animals will have returned and settled back in, raised new babies, and have basically taken up residence and life as centuries of evolution has taught them to live. All this makes for a perfect time for nature walks and other outdoor pursuits of this nature.
- Gardens. If you love to plant and grow things, then you have to love summer, because this is the time of year where gardens and fields are taken care of and nurtured. Nothing is more exciting and fulfilling than watching your labor slowly pay off. Toward the end of summer, you begin to look and plan for a bountiful harvest.
- Longer days. In the fall and winter, it isn’t uncommon to get home from work after dark, making one feel like the day is over with. Got stuff to do outside. Forget about it, because it is to dark to do anything. Summer time, you have the luxury of the sun still being out when you get home from work, so you have time to do a bit of yard work in the evening or, even better, time to sit outside on the porch or patio and enjoy the coolest part of the day.
- Sun And Rain. I am one of those who love to watch it rain. I also like to sit outside and watch lightening storms (from a safe distance, of course.) I also like to watch the sunset and if I am up early enough, the sun rise. Summer seems to bring out the best of both.
Summer is most definitely a good time of year for many things, a few I have listed. Take full advantage of the warmer weather and longer days, because all to soon the days turn shorter and the weather turns colder and once again we all will be stuck inside watching the snow.
Enjoy the summer.